Friday, March 09, 2007

My Love Story

Love is something I was very skeptic about. I did not believe someone could fall in love with a girl/boy just like that.. For me all this was just bullshit as all I believed in was infatuation. I had had numerous infatuations/crushes but nothing you can call love. But then something inexplicable happened & my views about love changed forever.

I met her just after coming to Mumbai. Initially nothing happened. Everything was normal. I continued with my job. As the fate would have it our paths started crossing more often. She is quite beautiful but it wasn't her beauty which attracted me, it was her nature. She is so serene and quite that she reminded me of myself some years ago. Her shyness, her serenity, the way she talked and her sweet nature had an intoxicating effect on me. She is the girl, I thought with whom I can spend my whole life.

I was about to confess my love, but before that I decided to do a SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, Threats) analysis. The biggest threat to our future relationship from my side was it had no future. The reason being my family is completely against an inter caste marriage. And no matter how much I loved her, it would still be much less than how much I love my family. The other problem was I was not sure about her feelings towards me (which I later got to know through a common friend, but thats a different story). I did not have the courage to face rejection, but that was not why I did not propose. I could have somehow faced the rejection, but what if she accepted me? I knew it had no future and I had to tell this to her one day about it. I did not want to face her on that day. I did not want to hurt her even in my dreams. So I decided to keep my love to myself. I still love her and I'll always love her but she should never get to know this. I think she deserves someone better than me.

To conclude, I would like to quote Shahrukh from the movie Mohabbatein, "Agar tum kisi se pyar karte ho to zaroori nahi ki woh bhi tumse pyar kare".

8 comments:

~Lord Anshul said...

i need full detail of the incident..i'm going to call u in the night :D

sale tune to kabhi bataya hi nahi is baare mein :X

Samir Kumar Mishra said...

There are some ppl we meet in life to whom we keep loving they way they are. Irrespective where they live and what they do. Sometimes they are our strengths more than we expect them to become our weakness.

These are the lines from a poem of mine which I wrote long ago. With keeping all identities hidden. I guess this is something applies to you as well:

You are of one special kind and always by my side,
In my thoughts anytime of the day you only reside.
Something I wanted to say but could never tell you,
I know you’ll never read this but its true I Love You.

Voice said...

full detail chahiye

Voice said...

fite to marna hi parta hai dost...

anyway u know better...
lekin something worth fighting for

achhe se decide karna ushka worth

Avinash singh said...

well bhau.. i am one of those with an indepth knowledge of this as perceived by outer world..
nd i think this was imp for u nd the decision u made was also equally imp..
use it positively as i am sure u will :)

J said...

self-pity se ladki milne se rahi..if u think u dont deserve her, u ll never get any girl. Never. Girls never want to be with losers :)
so have some spine and be a man. As long as no one dies, nothing is a disaster

Anonymous said...

hey bhavesh......wonderful blog :))
i really appreciate.....
Regards,
Ruchira jha !!!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah, i can understand, im maithils....intercaste marriages are still a sin !!!!